In this 2-day course students are provided with a clear path to move forward in their Product Owner journey.
Through an exploration of the different stances a Product Owner. You will learn about the various types of stakeholders that Product Owners represent and how to best work with them.
Gain an understanding of how to use vision, value, and validation to create a competitive advantage for any product. Students are introduced to modern complementary practices through discussions, case studies, and exercises.
The Product Owner’s role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviours and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviours by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
- Customer Representative – focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities
- Visionary – communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding
- Experimenter – focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation
- Influencer – communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose
- Collaborator – seeking input, ideas and feedback from others
- Decision Maker – focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions
This 2-day Professional Product Owner – Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. It is intended for Product Owners who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities.
This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where attendees explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions. Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and a practical knowledge of Scrum in order to participate in and benefit from these exercises.
- Understanding your products
- Who are your customers?
- Connecting product features to customer outcomes
- Communicating the product vision and strategy
- Value and pricing models
- Innovation and experimentation
- Stakeholders and stakeholder management
- Agile governance, budgeting and contracting in relation to Scrum
- Students are provided with a clear path to moving forward in their Product Owner journey through an exploration of the different stances a Product Owner takes.
- Students learn about the various types of stakeholders that Product Owners represent and how to best work with them.
- Students will gain a better understanding of how to use vision, value, and validation to create a competitive advantage for any product.
- Students are introduced to modern complementary practices through discussions, case studies, and exercises.
Who Should Attend
The Professional Product Owner-Advanced course is an advanced course specifically designed for Product Owners and product managers who have practical experience managing or owning a product.
It is also beneficial to Scrum Masters and stakeholders who work with Product Owners. It is particularly beneficial for those with at least one year of building products with a Scrum Team.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced course receive a password to take the PSPO II assessment and are entitled to a discount on the PSPO III assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO certifications require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.
Our internal courses for Professional Scrum Product Owner Advanced can be found here
“This book presents a method of communicating our desires, cogently, coherently, and with a minimum of fuss and bother.” ―Ken Schwaber, Chairman & Founder, Scrum.org
The role of the Product Owner is more crucial than ever. But it’s about much more than mechanics: it’s about taking accountability and refocusing on value as the primary objective of all you do. In The Professional Product Owner, two leading experts in successful Scrum product ownership show exactly how to do this. You’ll learn how to identify where value can be found, measure it, and maximize it throughout your entire product lifecycle…..read more
The First Guide to Scrum-Based Agile Product Management
In Agile Product Management with Scrum, leading Scrum consultant Roman Pichler uses real-world examples to demonstrate how product owners can create successful products with Scrum. He describes a broad range of agile product management practices, including making agile product discovery work, taking advantage of emergent requirements, creating the minimal marketable product, leveraging early customer feedback, and working closely with the development team.
Every product owner faces a complex and unique set of challenges within their team. This provides each individual the opportunity to fill the role with different ambitions, skills, and insights. Your product ownership journey can take a variety of paths, and The Art of Agile Product Ownership is here to be your guide.
Author Allan Kelly, who delivers Agile training courses to major companies, pulls from his experience to help you discover what it takes to be a successful product owner. You will learn how you need to define your role within a team and how you can best incorporate ownership with strategy. With the Agile method, time is the key factor, and after using the lessons from this book you will confidently be able to synthesize features, functionality, and scope against delivery….read more